Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
992 Farmington Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06107
Real estate to me is not just about buying or selling a home. It's about your needs, your dreams, your family, your goals.
My goal is to use my enthusiasm and expertise to make the buying or selling experience easy and enjoyable. I will listen to your needs and work hard to fulfill them
What separates me from other agents is my ability to negotiate relentlessly on your behalf.
- Ranked #1 out of 75 Coldwell Banker agents in West Hartford office for sales volume year-to-date in 2018.
- Ranked #34 out of 1,600 Coldwell Banker agents in Connecticut for number of homes sold year-to-date in 2018.
- Awarded International President's Circle designation for 2015, 2016 & 2017 sales volume, ranking me in the top 5% of Coldwell Banker agents nationally.
- Awarded International Diamond Society designation annually from 2006 to 2014 recognizing my performance among the top producing Coldwell Banker Agents in the U.S. Consistently in the top 15% of 90,000 sales associates.
- Recipient of realtor.com Award of Excellence for on-line marketing.
- Certified Relocation Specialist - Member of Cartus A-Team
- Recognized for the sixth in the March 2018 issue of Connecticut Magazine as a Five Star Real Estate Agent, awarded by an independent consumer research organization recognizing exceptional service and the highest level of client satisfaction.
Areas of Expertise
- Single Family Homes
- Multi-Family Homes
- Investment Properties
- IRS 1031 Exchanges
- Working with first time buyers
- Certified Relocation Specialist
- Listing properties to settle estates
- New construction
Education and Training
- BS in Human Development & Family Studies, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- MBA, Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Real Estate School of New England, Wethersfield, CT
“I have worked with Michael on two sales and one purchase. I wouldn’t use anyone else. He is a pleasure to work with. He makes a great effort to understand your interests and needs, provides continuous info on progress and presents options you haven’t thought of with no pressure and great humor. He understands the market forces and how to best work with them. Expert on the West Hartford market but works the broader market as well.”
"He is an outstanding individual. He works as an advocate for you. He is not one of those real estate agents who want to close at all costs because they are trying to get their commission. He wants to make sure everything is on the up and up and wants to make sure that we are happy with the way things worked. He communicated very directly with us and the other real estate agent. He is just a straight up guy and is one of the top ranked agents in the state, I found out. I will use him again in the future."
"I know it is your career, but you are exceptional in what you do and your passion comes through every time we meet and talk. You don't need the hard sell, you replace that with enthusiasm, honesty and listening to our needs and wants. I am positive you approach every client you have this way. We are so grateful to have you represent us."
- Patient Care Volunteer, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- I have volunteered on an inpatient floor with infants and toddlers for 22 years. Prior to the opening of CCMC I volunteered on the pediatric floor of Hartford Hospital for 3 years
- Served as secretary and president, Board of Directors, Center West Condominium Association, West Hartford
- I own an investment condominium in West Hartford Center. The building was converted from luxury apartments to condominiums in 2005. I have been active on the board and interacted with the management company on day-to-day operations.
- Contributor to Coldwell Banker Cares. A portion of each commission I earn is donated to Coldwell Banker Cares and used to fund services at My Sister's Place, providing shelter and services to women who have been victims of domestic violence.
- Other charities I support are HARC, The Elizabeth Park Conservancy, HRC, Trustees of Reservations.
I am a native of Milford, CT, former resident of Boston, MA and have resided in West Hartford Center for 30 years. I have over 32 years of experience in sales, marketing and management. Prior to working in real estate, I held management positions in a variety of medical and health care services companies, including Lifeline Systems (now Philips Lifeline), Raytel Cardiac Services (now Philips Remote Cardiac Monitoring), LifeWatch and Capital One Health Care Finance. In my dealings with executives of health care organizations I developed negotiation skills that assist me in representing my real estate clients every day. My previous experience as a geriatric social worker also has helped me assist my clients with the emotional aspects of buying and selling a home and assisting buyers and sellers as they transition to a retirement home. I am well organized, responsive and ready to put my expertise and enthusiasm to work for you!
Put my expertise and enthusiasm to work for you!